At Mercy, we believe everyone should have access to quality healthcare regardless of ability to pay. Therefore, we must raise over $1 million a year to provide services to the uninsured in our community.
The Case for Mercy
Mission Statement: “To Reflect the Love and Compassion of Jesus Christ by Providing Excellent Healthcare for ALL and support to their families.
Compelled by the grace of God and the biblical mandate to serve our neighbors in “word and deed”, Mercy Community Healthcare (formerly Mercy Children’s Clinic) is distinct as THE community health center in this region. Opened in 1999 through the efforts of the citizens of Franklin and many in the faith community, Mercy fosters an “everyone is welcome” attitude.
Today, Mercy has a staff of more than 120 full and part–time staff. Each of our physicians is Board Certified. Our patients come from more than thirty counties in Tennessee. Why do they come from so far? Great doctors giving great care! In the for-profit medical communities, it is unprofitable to care for the underserved and uninsured. Consequently, 80% of Mercy’s patients are uninsured or TNCare and that’s why we need your support.
Facts about Mercy:
- Mercy was started over 16 years ago as Mercy Children’s Clinic.
- Mercy physicians work ONLY at Mercy. Every patient has their doctor.
- We provides healthcare to over 7,000 unique patients with over 32,000 patient visits per year.
- In Mercy’s service areas, Behavioral Health is the third most requested basic healthcare need. To meet this need, Mercy provides Integrated Behavioral Health services.
- In 2008, Mercy started a Pediatric Chronic Care Medical Home Program.
- In 2011, the Care Coordination and Case Management Program started.
- In 2013, the Primary Care Adult Clinic Opened.
- In 2016, Mercy opened the doors of the Patient and Family Support Center.
Mercy Community Healthcare is known for it’s accessible, affordable, compassionate, whole-person care as we serve our neighbors in body, mind, and spirit. No one is turned away because of their inability to pay.
Complimenting primary healthcare, Mercy provides comprehensive mental and behavioral health services to our clients. Mercy Behavioral Health, begun in 2006, currently has a full-time Psychiatrist, three full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners and six full-time therapists providing state certified mental health counseling for our patients and their families. Additionally, our staff works in collaboration with other agencies in our community to provide food, clothing, and shelter.
Mercy has two primary revenues streams; reimbursement for services from TennCare and commercial insurances (Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, etc) and tax deductible donations ($1 million annually) that allow us to care for the uninsured.
- Join our “Angels of Mercy” with a pledged gift of $100 or more a month and cover the expense of a visit each month for another uninsured patient.
– $300 uninsured family mental health counseling
– $200 Uninsured patient check-up
– $100 Lab work for an uninsured patient
- Join our “Mercy Miracle Makers” with a pledged gift of one of these amounts for an uninsured patient each month.
– $50 Vision and Hearing Testing
– $35 Breathing exercise for an asthmatic child
– $25 Gasoline card for transportation to and from the clinic
– $15 Strep test
For additional information and opportunities, please contact: